To order cards:
• The minimum order is 6 cards
• Please contact me for volume discounts on orders over 100 cards
• Please order using Paypal or contact me if you wish to pay by cheque (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Orders will be shipped upon receipt of payment
• The estimated delivery time is 5 to 10 business days
Sustainable Design and One Tree per Card
My goal is to minimize the environmental load of our products over their life-cycle, and raise awareness and funds to help reduce environmental impacts, promote environmental education, sustainable land use, and conservation. A significant portion of revenues is donated to these causes by forming partnerships with key environmental organizations.
The cards feature beautiful nature photographs and have the following unique features:
• They are printed on paper with a low environmental footprint as demonstrated by eco-labels such as the EU eco-label. This label is a sign of environmentally-preferable paper using a life-cycle approach, including sustainable forest management and top environmental performance of pulp and paper mill facilities.
• The paper is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council™ or the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® to demonstrate sustainable forestry practices.
• One tree is planted for each card purchased via an agreement with Tress for the Future, a Washington DC non-profit that is globally recognized. These trees have many social and environmental benefits, and they remove carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere as they grow.
• They can be designed as carbon-neutral (no net impact on global warming). This is done by evaluating the greenhouse gas emissions of card production over key steps in the life-cycle of the product, selecting a life-cycle with a low carbon footprint, and offsetting the remaining emissions by investing in verified carbon offset projects.
• The environmental message printed on the back of the cards is intended to raise awareness about global warming.
• The cards are recyclable.
The envelopes used for the cards are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and are made of alternative fiber. The alternative fiber designation means that 50% of the fiber comes from sugar cane bagasse pulp and 50% from recycled paper fiber, including 30% from post-consumer fiber. The envelope paper was also manufactured without the use of chlorine.
- No Comments